Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fasting

I woke up Tuesday and for some unknown reason decided I would not eat for the entire day. I didn't include coffee nor did I include the smoothie I had around 2 o'clock. I figured if I drink the bananas, mango and strawberries it wasn't cheating. I was hungry sure, but felt really good. I damn near made it, too, but with mere hours to go, I remembered the chips and salsa in the kitchen and threw in the towel. I sort of felt bad afterward, but not really. What can I say, I'd make a shitty muslim.

Tomorrow I'll take what I learned from my first failed attempt and try again. I'm hoping to make this a weekly thing. No idea why. Perhaps in preparation of the leaner times to come in the economy - better to practice now, right?

On a completely unrelated topic, I was working on a short edit for work which included a video my predecessor, Gabe, put together shortly after Hurricane Katrina. It was three years ago today that I arrive in Waveland, MS to help. Crazy how time flies - enjoy the video.

1 comment:

Pidgen said...

Son of a...I was fine watching that video until the old man got his dog back. You need to put warnings on your videos so pregnant women like myself will have a tissue handy, damn it!