Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ugh, sick

I haven't been sick in FOREVER. Seriously, it's been years and I've been like a super-human, but last night it started - sore throat, stuffy head, the works. I'm not sure if I picked up a bug form the HSUS workshop or on the very cold bike ride last night to the Oregon Manifest Filmed by Bike movie showing. Either way, I'm screwed now.

The Filmed by Bike movie showing last night was awesome - almost worth getting the plague for. It was shown at a huge advertising agency in the Pearl District (Portland's swankiest area.) The advertising agency's space was incredible. It's a huge converted old warehouse. When I walked in it seemed like a pretty small space - crowded with hipster douchebags wearing all manner of bicycle related stuff - but when I walked upstairs to the viewing area - wow. It was a gigantic space. The viewing area was like a basketball court with two huge projectors and giant screens. The warehouse must be 8 stories tall at least. All their work spaces were in this area, too. It was just really an amazing space. Here's are a couple of photos from my iPhone of the movie viewing area.

This is a shot of the entrance.

This is the screen and some of the bleachers.

No comments: