Monday, August 11, 2008

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

This is the only picture I took
yesterday that really turned out.
Pretty cute, though.


The Providence Bridge Pedal yesterday was really nice. The weather was perfect and it was a route replete with views of the city. It was a 37 mile ride, but including the trip down and then back to my apartment, I rode over 50 miles. I met up with a group from MeetIn, but there were something like 15,000 to 20,000 riders, so we lost each other pretty early on in the ride. I did manage to ride the whole way with one girl from the MeetIn group who manages a huge vet clinic. It was nice to have someone to ride with and made the time pass much quicker.

Unfortunately, my left knee is killing me again. I'm starting to wonder if it's not as a result of the car accident. My right knee is fine but my left, where I took the impact of the accident, is absolutely unbearable at times. If I had to ride more than 50 miles yesterday, I doubt I would've been able to do it. I'm concerned that I'll be able to ride the entire 100 miles on the 24th. I plan to at least try and I guess I'll just hope for the best.

I have what I hope is my final doctor's appointment for my hand on Wednesday. I'm hoping I'll just go in and he'll look at it and give me some kind of number on the amount of disability in it. I doubt it will go as smooth as that, but I'm hoping. I'll ask about my knee as well, since this surgeon is also an avid cyclist. (In fact, my regular doctor who referred me told me that this surgeon was hit by a car several months back while bike riding and spent a few days in a coma.)

No comments: