Friday, August 8, 2008

The Boy Racer

Well, I haven't been riding as much as I would like or really need to. I did a short 26 mile ride last Saturday that I'll do again tomorrow, but try to extend it a bit or maybe do it twice. It's a really nice ride that takes me in the reverse direction of the Seattle to Portland route and up and over the St John's bridge, which is a really pretty and super-high up bridge. Here are a few pics.























Tonight I'm heading downtown for the Twilight Criterium race (as a spectator, not a participant.) It's a tiny half mile course that the website says takes riders just over a minute to complete one lap. Which means these riders will be hauling ass, so it should be exciting to watch.

Anyone interested in the environment should check out the latest issue of E Magazine. The cover story is about the amount of pollution animals raised for food produce, but not how you think. See it here.

I signed up for Facebook recently at the persistent nagging of a friend of mine who now lives in DC. I haven't done a lot with it, but if you're on Facebook, look me up here.

I also signed up for Twitter, see me here. You can also see my updates on the front of this blog. Although I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing and why I need it.

I was listening to a This American Life podcast recently and they featured band called Mates of State. They were really good, so I bought their most recent album - which is terrific. You should check them out. Here's a video from their most recent album.

No comments: